When to See a Specialist

PMA specialists are doctors with many years of experience in their particular field of medicine. If your symptoms are specific to a part of the body ot type of illness, you may be best treated by a doctor who specializes in that area. A specialist is usually able to perform more detailed tests and administer more direct treatments than a family care physician. In addition to their expertise, PMA specialists posses the best equipment and staff to treat your particular ailment.

For example, if you experience frequent dizziness, a Neurologist would be best equipped to assess your symptoms and perform a VNG (video electronystagmography) exam if necessary. If you or your family has a history of heart conditions, a Cardiologist would be the best doctor to recommend a preventative fitness and dietary program and perform any appropriate tests.

PMA provides specialists to treat a wide variety of conditions, including those of the heart, head, sinuses, nervous system, digestive system, lungs, circulatory system, feet and hands. If you are unsure of whether you should see a specialist, talk with your primary care physician and ask if they feel your symptoms are severe or specific enough. If you need help deciding which specialist is appropriate for you, please contact us or use our physician finder to search by specialty.